Patch 3.0.4, New Horizons, is literally taking your Allods experience to new horizons with the opportunity to experience Sarnaut from the opposing side with the unbelievable feature – faction change! This new feature will help balance faction population.
Before you envision that everyone will swap sides freely, there are a number of server and character requirements that must be fulfilled. If you are interested in turning to the dark side, we have provided a faction change guide so that you can be prepared for what new experiences await you!
Faction change is allowed if your faction’s population is higher than the other faction’s population or if it is within 10% of other faction’s population. However, if your faction’s population is under 10% of the other faction’s population, faction change will not be allowed.
• Purchase a “Pouch of 2,000 Gem Shards” from the Item Shop. Do not activate the Pouch of 2,000 Gem Shards. The Pouch of 2,000 Gem Shards must remain in your character’s bag in order to activate the Amulet of Renunciation.
The Pouch of 2,000 Gem Shards will be removed upon activating the Amulet of Renunciation.
• Obtain Amulet of Renunciation from the Item Shop for 0 gPotatoes. When activated and if all requirements are fulfilled, the Amulet of Renunciation transfers your character and all linked incarnations to the opposing faction.
*There is a bug with the in-game text for the faction change item, Amulet of Renunciation. It says “You will not be able to use the item if your faction is more numerous than the opposing one” although it should say “You will not be able to use the item if your faction is lesser populated than the opposing one”
*Usage of the Amulet of Renunciation on a character does not impact the rest of the characters on the account. Faction change only impacts the character and all incarnations attached to the character upon using the Amulet of Renunciation. You will need to acquire additional Amulets of Renunciation with additional Pouches of 2,000 Gem Shards for each character.
• You must not be a guild leader or married.
• You must not have any items or item bids on the auction house.
• You must not have any ingame mail.
• You must be at least level 10 and left the starting zone.
• You must have completed the world mystery, Ancient June Magic (League), or Science at the Service of the Empire (Empire).
• If you are using the Amulet of Renunciation for your progenitor, all of your incarnations must have all of the requirements fulfilled listed above since changing factions will impact all incarnations attached to your progenitor.
• If you change your faction, you will be unable to use the Amulet of Renunciation again for 30 days.
• After using the Amulet of Renunciation to change faction, you will be automatically logged out of the game where you will be taken to the character selection screen. You will be prompted to select a race suitable for the character’s archetype as well as your character’s appearance. If you changed factions for a progenitor with incarnations, you will be prompted to change each of your incarnation’s race and appearance before you are able to log on your progenitor.
Character options that will be transferred:
Everything from your character will be transferred except the following:
• Guild rank and regalia.
• Friend list and ignore list.
• PvP rank and combat glory.
• Mausoleum of Sparks title.
• Non-completed faction quests and World Mysteries.
• Character’s racial spell will be replaced with the appropriate racial spell.
• Faction-specific mounts will be replaced with the appropriate faction-specific mounts.
• Reputation will be replaced with the appropriate faction-equivalent’s reputation.
For those who are curious why the amulet of Renunciation costs 0 gPotatoes while needing a Pouch of 2,000 Gem Shards for faction change, the current setup will prevent people from accidentally purchasing the Amulet and regret doing so without understanding the full requirements.
With faction change, overpopulated factions will be a claim of the past. The war between League and Empire will continue to shift as players contemplate where to pledge their loyalty. For League or for Empire? That is the choice!
Add Your Comments